Monday, March 23, 2009

Song of the week: Revolutionaries by Bethany Dillion

Photobucket
Okay here is the Song of the week. Suggested by my best friend Lea!!! Have grown to love this song!!!! Now I can't seem to find the music to this song. Sorry!


Revolutionaries by
Bethany Dillon

Many have traveled this road before
I see their tracks in the dirt
But maybe I don't agree
With where they are leading
And who am I, just a youth
But why has that become the excuse
A monotone voice
In my head saying

Dreaming all the time
It's so foolish
Your flood of empty words
Will drown you in ruin
So we listen
Should we listen.

They shake their heads
As they drive away in the bandwagon
Didn't feel like hitching a ride
Oh, but I'll be fine
Some nights it's hard to be alone
I want some kind of kinship
But the finish line
It drives me on
When they say.

Dreaming all the time
It's so foolish
Your flood of empty words
Will drown you in ruin
So we listen
Should we listen

Come with me
They'll call us revolutionaries
Come with me
They'll call us revolutionaries
Revolutionaries
Revolutionaries

Dreaming all the time
It's not foolish
Your flood of life giving words
They will refresh, they will refresh

Dreaming all the time
It's not foolish
Your flood of life giving words
They will refresh
Should we listen
Revolutionaries

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Revolutionaries......... we are Christian are supposed to be revolutionaries. We aren't supposed to be like the world and try to fit in. It is hard to be different. When the world is saying one thing and you know it is wrong it is hard to go the other way. Wrong, ungodly things are all around us, on the internet, in books, magazines, TV, music, we are surrounded by it. But how can we keep our thoughts and actions pure and focused on God?

Well this is where I think we can apply what Mr. Parelli says "See what others do and do the opposite".

Now that doesn't mean you can't go onto the internet, watch TV, read magazines but we have to choose what we read, look at and watch. I know I have had to do that and it doesn't take long before it gets easier and easier and then the temptation of reading or watching something that isn't good goes away.

Last fall there was a show on TV that my mom, sister and I were watching and it started out pretty good. We had watched all of the first season before and when the second season came on TV we started watching it also. The first season wasn't to bad but there were, of course some things that were not right [i.e. immodest clothing and some improper relationships] but for the most part the show was good. Now when the second season comes along it had way gotten worse. Long story short my mom started previewing the shows and editing out the bad parts before the rest of us could watch but it got to the point where it wasn't even worth it so we stopped watching it all together.

Now the interesting thing was that when we stopped watching it I felt a million times better because I wasn't putting into my mind things that where wrong. God really helped us because when the time came for us to stop watching it we were ready to stop. It wasn't hard for us to stop watching it. I was tired of the bad things and fed up with it all.

Proverbs 4:23 says "Keep your heart with all diligence; for out if it comes the issues of life"

Okay that was longer then I thought it would be. Sorry about that.

Until next time!!

~K

No comments:

Post a Comment