Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Random thoughts...

Today I finally had the time to read some more of "Before you meet Prince Charming". Man I didn't know how much I was missing reading that!! It was right what I needed to read today.


I have been struggling for the last couple weeks with not knowing what God wants me to do with my life. I think I was telling myself that I wasn't old enough to really serve God in ways that I would be able to do if I was older. I know that is not true but I was still struggling. So the chapter I read today was about serving God where you are and not wasting your youth and/or wishing it away and that was exactly what I was doing, wishing my youth away.


So now I have a new look at my life. I have such a great chance to serve God is SO many ways. Yes it might not be going out into the world and making a huge difference but serving your family and others around you is just a good and not just serving them but serving others with a cheerful attitude. There is a big difference!! [I hope all that made sense :)]

I love this verse...

1 Timothy 4:12
"Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity."

Why would I want to be older then I am? God has a plan for my life and He has a plan for me NOW!!!

Here is a beautiful song that blessed me so much today!!!



Awaken by Natalie Grant


Sometimes I feel like I'm just existing
I'm not really living
I'm only watching the time slip away
I've forgotten who I am in You
I'm not who I'm meant to be
I'm drifting farther away from my destiny


Chorus
Awaken my heart, awaken my soul
Awaken Your power and take control
Awaken the passion to live for You, Lord
Awaken me


My soul is longing, my heart is searching
I'm desperate for You to move
give me a hunger, pull me closer
I'm crying out to You


Awaken my heart, awaken my soul
Awaken Your power and take control
Awaken the passion to live for You, Lord


Open my eyes so I can see Your presence
Dwelling inside
wake me up, 'cause I can't live another minute
If I'm not shining Your light


Awaken my heart, awaken my soul
Awaken the passion in me


Lord, awaken me to live my destiny
Lord, awaken me and shine Your light through me
Lord, awaken me to live my destiny
Lord, awaken me and shine Your light through me


~K

No comments:

Post a Comment